Saturday, June 15, 2013

Church Camp and Field Trip

Another exciting, busy, exhausting week is under my belt!  I am one that loves to stay busy and sometimes boy do I stay busy!

This last week at school we had lots of fun finishing up our study on books.  During this study we learned lots of things about books like how books are made, author, illustrator, fiction, nonfiction, main character, and even made our own library cards to use at the EduCare library! 

On Tuesday of this last week we got to go on a field trip!  WooHoo!  We all LOVE field trips!  The preschool classes go to go and visit the Outdoor Education Center in El Dorado.  What a neat place!  They have all sorts of different types of trees, plants, and vegetables.  We were able to tour the grounds and even got to taste some of the fresh vegetables that were growing there!  It was such a treat to see the excitement when the kids got to pick the fresh vegetables right off the plant and eat them!  Here are some pictures from our trip. 

cabbage
peppers
potatoes
beautiful lilly pond on the property

broccoli

We really had a great time and the kids were able to see the farm to table aspect of food.  What a neat experience for them! 

On Wednesday after work I headed off to church camp for the remainder of the week!  Our theme for the camp was 'All Things New!'  The focus was about creativity in a sense.  How God created us in His image and how majestic all the things are that he created on this earth.  For the camp I was in charge of the Art rotation.  I chose to do some more process oriented and self-directed activities to switch it up from the traditional camp art experience.  Who ever remembers what they ever made in art at camp?  Not me!

The kids go to rotate to different activities and make a Creation Collage, sculpt with clay, and get messy with shaving creme mixed with glue and then painted and then transfered to paper.  They really seemed to enjoy themselves and I had a great time seeing their creativity soar!  Here are a few pics from my 3 days at Church Camp.

this is a beautiful fountain in the front of the dining hall

 
 getting messy with the shaving creme/glue mixture!

The finished product from the shaving creme/glue/paint project!

molding with the clay!

It has been another busy week but when I sit down at the end of it all and reflect on the things that I was a part of.......I count everyday as a blessing!  God has blessed me with something truly amazing!  I have the opportunities to make an impression on the lives of our young people.  I know that I don't always probably make the best of impressions at times but I strive for the best always.  It's not always easy but always worth it in the end!

I am exhausted, tired, sleepy, yet ready for a new week!  This coming week we have another field trip and I have an observation at work for my summer practicum class.  I am not really nervous but more anxious as to what will happen during my observation.  I can always guarantee that the kiddos will pull through and give me opportunities to show my instructor how I am able to implement the things that we have learned.  I know it will be a great experience and I will have some great feedback in order to learn and make things even that much better. 

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment